We Win For You.
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  | Apartment/Housing Injuries

Protecting Your Rights As A Tenant

In 2006, Alabama passed the Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. The passage of this law provided protections that tenants desperately needed, including a section listing the responsibilities of landlords. Based on the responsibilities outlined in the law and by the courts, tenants who suffer serious injuries due to their landlords’ wrongful conduct have the right to pursue legal actions. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, our job at The Denson Law Firm, LLC, is to help them assert their tenant rights.

Tenants’ Rights Before 2006

Prior to the passage of Alabama’s law, the Code of Federal Regulations, local regulations and judical decisions provided protections for tenants in our state. Mr. Denson spent the early years of his career fighting to protect the rights granted under these various laws, and continues to do so up to the present time. His many successes demonstrate his ability to navigate complicated processes to obtain results for even the most complex matters, an ability he continues to use to benefit our clients today.

Common Landlord-Tenant Issues

Our firm has represented clients who have suffered apartment/housing injuries stemming from a wide variety of dangers. Some of the most common are:

  • Lead poisoning
  • Exploding water heaters
  • Faulty smoke detectors
  • Drowning
  • Fires
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Tipping stoves
  • Injuries in common areas
  • Trip-and-fall accidents
  • Negligent security

Any of the above can result in serious injuries or deaths. When these tragedies strike, many tenants do not know what to do or where to turn. Fortunately, they can turn to our law firm, and so can you.

The Legal Process

If you sustained a tenant injury or lost a loved one due to an accident that occurred in a rental house or apartment because of a landlord’s negligence, the first step in the legal process is to secure an experienced lawyer like Scott E. Denson. With his help, you can file a suit asserting the rights afforded to you by Alabama law.

During your initial consultation, attorney Denson will listen to your story and examine you or your family member’s medical records. Armed with this information, he can determine if you have a case and explain your legal options.

Most cases reach out-of-court settlements; however, some do go to trial. Regardless of the path your case takes, Mr. Denson will be your advocate from the beginning to the end.

How To Get Started

To take the first step toward personal injury or wrongful death compensation, call our Birmingham office at 205-964-9101, call our Gulfport office at 205-964-9101 or email our law office  to schedule your initial consultation.