Experienced Help Is Here For The Victims Of Surgical Negligence
Placing your health in the hands of a surgeon or anesthesiologist is always a little scary. Even more scary is realizing that you have suffered serious harm because of a negligence-related medical error. If you or someone you love experienced surgical or anesthesia-related negligence, it is time to turn to The Denson Law Firm, LLC, for help.
My name is Scott E. Denson, and for more than 25 years, I have been helping the people of Alabama stand up for themselves following instances of medical malpractice and other wrongful acts that led to serious or life-altering injuries. My track record of high settlements and awards illustrates my understanding of exactly what it takes to build a successful case on my clients’ behalf.
What Are Some Common Surgical And Anesthesia Errors?
The high-stakes nature of surgery and anesthesia mean that any mistake could lead to life-long injuries or even death. Some of the incidents I see most often include:
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Unnecessary amputation
- Leaving a foreign object in the body such as surgical tools, gauze, sponges, clamps, gloves and other medical supplies
- Failing to properly conduct postoperative follow-up during hospital rounds
- Ignoring symptoms of infection or surgical complications
- Failing to conduct or review laboratory tests
- Failing to advise patients of dangerous medical conditions
- Failing to consult qualified specialists for postoperative care
- Discharging a medically unstable patient
- Failing to monitor the patient’s progress after discharge
- Rushed procedures
- Performing a C-section when one is not medically necessary
- Failure to administer anesthesia in a timely manner
- Failure to monitor patient vitals during surgery
- Failure to check for medication allergies
- Failure to prompt patients before administering anesthesia
- Failure to monitor patients following surgery to avoid falls or other injuries
- Administering too much or too little anesthesia
- Failure to properly train anesthesiologists
These cases can be immensely complicated, oftentimes involving multiple parties and large defense teams. In many cases, hospitals may be hesitant to release information about your case because it may highlight additional negligence.
I take the time to investigate thoroughly to build a solid and actionable case on your behalf. I make sure all relevant medical records, paperwork and witness testimony is collected in a timely manner so precious evidence does not get lost. I can also help you make sure you are getting your case filed within the statute of limitations so you do not miss out on your opportunity to seek justice and recover damages.
When Hospital Negligence Results In Death
The death of a loved one to a preventable medical error is devastating. But almost as soon as your loved one passes away, you can bet that the health care provider’s team of attorneys will spring into action to protect their rights. To hold the physician, hospital or other party accountable and recover fair compensation, you will need the immediate assistance of a lawyer. I will make sure you don’t feel intimidated into withdrawing your claim for compensation.
Reach Out For Experienced Help And A Free Consultation
How will you pay for an attorney? Do not worry. I offer free, confidential initial consultations. I also work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay any fees unless I recover compensation. Contact me at my Birmingham office to request your free consultation. Call 205-606-6866 or send me an email today.