What To Do If A Nursing Home Injures Your Loved One
Nursing homes and their staff members are responsible for providing attentive and appropriate care to their residents. However, many nursing home facilities across Mississippi and Alabama suffer from hazardous conditions and ongoing abuse.
Discovering that the people you trusted to protect your loved one have violated your trust is heartbreaking. The attorneys at Conway Denson & Associates, PLLC, know that nursing home neglect and abuse is inexcusable. We have over 100 years of total legal experience and can work with you to hold the nursing home accountable for your loved one’s physical, mental or emotional injuries.
Nursing Homes May Breach Care Standards
Problems within nursing homes that can lead to serious injuries or loss of life include:
- Neglect of residents, which can lead to bedsores, dehydration, malnutrition, sepsis or other preventable health conditions
- Improper administration of medication
- Understaffing and poor employee training
- Rodent infestations, flooding, mold, unsteady walkways and other environmental hazards
- Poor food quality such as expired, undercooked or improperly stored food
- Physical, verbal, sexual or financial abuse, which can be particularly difficult to detect when a resident suffers from dementia or a mental disability
If the nursing home or its employees fail to provide reasonable care to your loved one, we can explain your options. There are special laws that protect residents as well as allow their families to help them get justice and compensation. With over 100 years of total experience, our personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and dedication to help you and your loved one.
When A Resident Suffers, We Will Pursue Justice
When you learn that a nursing home put your loved one in danger, contact Conway Denson & Associates, PLLC. We are proud of our track record in trial and reputation for personalized client service. Call our Birmingham office or Gulfport office at 888-804-9607 for a free consultation. Your loved one deserves attentive care.