Standing Up For Women And Infants Injured By Medical Negligence
As a parent, all you want is for your prenatal and postnatal experiences to lead to a happy, healthy baby. Tragically, some medical practitioners or health care facilities behave negligently, leaving vulnerable women, fetuses and infants injured for life.
At The Denson Law Firm, LLC, I draw from more than 25 years of experience serving families injured by malpractice and other wrongful acts in Alabama. Whether you, your partner or your child suffered an injury, I am prepared to help you seek fair and just compensation. Together, you and I will hold the negligent party responsible for the actions that harmed you or a loved one.
What To Know About Obstetrical Mistakes And Birth Injuries
During pregnancy, a woman and her unborn child are very vulnerable. Sometimes, negligence on the part of a medical professional occurs before the baby is even born. These gynecological mistakes can include:
- Failure to warn a patient planning for pregnancy about potentially serious genetic issues that could lead to serious or life-threatening birth defects
- Failure to check for prenatal conditions resulting in critical health conditions or injury
- Excessive force during an exam resulting in internal injuries to the mother or fetus
- Improper use of obstetrical equipment resulting in injury to the mother or baby
- Failure to advise the mother about pregnancy complications resulting in serious injury or death
- Failure to properly advise mother on the progression of the pregnancy resulting in injury or death
- Failure to alert the mother to potential issues that could result in injury or death
Delivering a baby, which should be one of the happiest moments of a parent’s life, can also lead to devastating injuries. Examples of negligence that can lead to serious injuries or death include:
- Inappropriate use of forceps resulting in head, neck, brain and shoulder injuries
- Failure to monitor mother and baby’s vitals during and after delivery
- Failure to respond in a timely manner to fetal distress
- Performing an unnecessary C-section
- Failure to suggest a C-section when one is needed
- Failure to identify placental ruptures or other serious conditions during labor
- Making a surgical mistake during delivery of a child
Proving that negligence contributed to a birth or gynecological injury is not easy, especially when hospitals and doctors have a fleet of attorneys protecting them. Fortunately, I and my co-counsel have successfully handled hundreds of cases that have led to high settlements and awards. And while I cannot guarantee what your settlement may be, I can promise that I will fight for maximum compensation for you and your family. Advocating for patients who were wronged is always the first priority.
Discuss Your Birth Injuries In A Free Consultation
You do not need the added stress of legal bills on top of a medical injury. That is why I provide free initial consultations plus work on a contingency fee basis. For the legal help you need and deserve, reach out The Denson Law Firm, LLC at 205-922-8222. You can also send me an email.